Here’s how to make a matcha latte! This recipe comes out bright green and rivals the one at your local coffeeshop. For iced, go to Iced Matcha Latte.
- 3/4 teaspoon matcha green tea powder*
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) cool filtered water
- 1/2 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) hot water (175 to 180 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) steamed or frothed whole milk (or oat milk for vegan)
- Whisk the matcha: Add the matcha to a spouted bowl or glass liquid measuring cup. Add a drizzle of the cool water and whisk the matcha with a bamboo whisk or regular whisk to form it into a paste. Add the remaining cool water and whisk vigorously back and forth until a thick foamy layer appears, about 20 to 30 seconds. Or, you can simply shake the matcha powder and cool water in a jar until frothy.
- Combine with water and honey: Stir the hot water and honey in a mug. Pour the foamy matcha into the mug and stir gently.
- Steam or froth the milk: Steam the milk with an espresso machine or froth the milk using your method of choice (milk frother, French press, or whisk).
- Serve: Pour the steamed or frothed milk into the center of the matcha and serve.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Latte
- Cuisine: Tea
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Matcha latte, how to make matcha latte, matcha latte recipe