The Martinez cocktail is a true classic! A cousin to the Martini and Manhattan, it’s sophisticated and classy: perfect for slow sipping.
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) gin
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) sweet vermouth
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) Maraschino liqueur
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- For the garnish: orange peel
- Combine the gin, sweet vermouth, and Maraschino liqueur in a cocktail mixing glass (or any other type of glass). Fill the mixing glass with 1 handful ice and stir continuously for 30 seconds.
- Strain the drink into a cocktail glass.
- Use a knife to remove a strip of the orange peel. Squeeze the orange peel into the drink to release the oils. Gently run the peel around the edge of the glass. If desired, twist it, then place it in the glass and serve.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Martinez Cocktail