This vegetable fried rice recipe is a fast and easy dinner recipe to use up any vegetables you have on hand in your refrigerator and freezer!
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger (optional)
- 3 carrots
- 1/4 small green cabbage
- 4 baby bok choy heads or 4 cups baby spinach (optional)
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups cooked white rice or brown rice, at least one day old (use How to Cook Rice or Instant Pot method)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Mince the onion. Mince the garlic. Mince the ginger, if using. Peel the carrots, then dice them. Shred the cabbage. Chop off the bottoms of the bok choy, then thinly slice the leaves (chiffonade).
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons sesame oil. Saute the carrots and onion for 2 minutes. Add the bok choy, cabbage, garlic and ginger (if using) and saute for 2 minutes.
- Push the vegetables to the side. Add 1 tablespoon more oil. Add the eggs and pinch of salt, and scramble them in for 1 to 2 minutes until cooked through.
- Add the peas, rice, soy sauce, kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper. Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Heat for a minute or two, stirring, until all rice is coated. Taste and add more soy sauce if desired. Serve hot.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian Inspired
Keywords: Fried Rice, Vegetable Fried Rice, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Healthy, Dinner Recipe, Easy, Quick