Marinated tomatoes is a great way to use this juicy, seasonal produce! Heighten the flavors with olive oil, balsamic, garlic and herbs.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved (or 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes of any kind, sliced into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 small handful chopped basil (or other chopped herbs of choice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Calabrian chili paste (or 1 pinch red pepper flakes), optional
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir gently to combine.
- Cover and rest at room temperature for 30 minutes to 2 hours before serving.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Marinated
- Cuisine: Vegetables
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Marinated tomatoes