Marinated olives are a stunning appetizer or side! Flavored with garlic and lemon, they’re a great finger food for cheese boards or parties.
- 2 6-ounce dry weight cans pitted ripe olives packed in water (green, medium black, or large black, not flavored or stuffed)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 rosemary or tarragon sprigs, plus additional for serving if desired
- Drain the olives. Peel and thinly slice the garlic. Cut 4 strips from the lemon peel, then squeeze out 1 tablespoon of the juice.
- In a 1 quart jar or covered container, combine all ingredients and shake gently to combine.
- Marinate for 2 to 4 hours at room temperature, shaking occasionally. Serve immediately, garnishing with additional rosemary sprigs if desired. Stores refrigerated for several weeks; allow to come to room temperature prior to serving.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Marinated
- Cuisine: Italian inspired
Keywords: Marinated olives