Try this best margarita mix recipe: it’s got amazing homemade flavor with only 3 ingredients and no added sugar! Just add tequila.
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (4 limes)*
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1 cup Cointreau (or high quality Triple Sec)
- To serve: 1 1/2 cups tequila blanco or reposado (or 3 tablespoons per drink), kosher salt or sea salt for the rim
- Make the margarita mix: Juice the limes and lemons. Mix them together with the Cointreau. Refrigerate until ready to serve; lasts up to 1 week.
- Make a salt rim: Cut a notch in a lime wedge, then run the lime around the rim of a glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of kosher salt or flaky sea salt (or for a festive look, use our Margarita Salt).
- Make a single drink or pitcher: Pour 3 1/2 tablespoons of margarita mix into a glass and top off with 3 tablespoons tequila (about equal parts). Or, add the entire mix to a pitcher with 1 1/2 cups tequila. Serve with ice.
*The quantities are easily doubled for a larger crowd to make 16 drinks.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Mexican Inspired
Keywords: Margarita mix, Best margarita mix, margarita mix recipe, Homemade margarita mix