This mango sorbet recipe has an irresistibly creamy texture and sweet fruity flavor! The ultimate quick and easy dessert.
- 1 pound* frozen diced mango (see notes for fresh mango)
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Adders: 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger, 1/2 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper (seeds removed)
Note: Make sure the base of the ice cream maker is frozen overnight before making this recipe.
- Place half the frozen mango chunks in a food processor or high-powered blender with the water, sugar, and lime juice. Puree until smooth, stopping and scraping down the sides as necessary. Then add the remaining mango chunks and puree until smooth, adding a splash more water if necessary. This forms a no churn sorbet that you can eat immediately, or move to Step 2 if you have an ice cream maker. (To make ahead, you can refrigerate at this point until you want to churn, up to 2 days.)
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze for about 15 minutes, until the texture becomes frosty and creamy. Serve immediately. Or, line a container with parchment paper and freeze up to 2 hours day of. Store in a parchment lined sealed container for up to 1 week; allow to come to room temperature for about 20 to 30 minutes before scooping.
*Some frozen mangos are sold in 15 ounce bags: this quantity also works! You can also use fresh mangoes. Use 3 cups diced fresh mangoes and substitute 1/2 cup ice for the 3/4 cup water: blend all ingredients and freeze in an ice cream maker.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Sorbet
- Cuisine: Frozen
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Mango sorbet, mango sorbet recipe