Here are the secrets to the best Manhattan! This easy classic cocktail is made with just three ingredients and always, always topped with a Luxardo cherry. For 9 more cocktails with Luxardo cherries, see above.
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) rye whiskey or bourbon (or brandy for a Brandy Manhattan)
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) sweet red vermouth
- 3 dashes Angostura or orange bitters
- Garnish: Luxardo cherry or other cocktail cherry
- Combine the whiskey, vermouth and bitters in a cocktail mixing glass (or any other type of glass). Fill the mixing glass with 1 handful ice and stir continuously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a coupe or cocktail glass. Garnish with a cherry and serve.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Luxardo cherries