Bookmark this homemade whipped cream recipe: in just 5 minutes you’ve got sweetened whipped cream that tastes infinitely better than the store bought stuff!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place a bowl in the freezer to chill for a few minutes.
- Combine the cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in the chilled bowl.
- With a large whisk, whip the cream by moving the whisk back and forth quickly (try to whisk in a line instead of a circular motion). Whip to your desired thickness is reached. You can use a looser cream for more of a “drizzle”, or a stiffer whipped cream for the traditional Cool Whip style texture. Tip: You can place the bowl in the sink to whip the cream so that it is a bit lower than a table, which helps to make the whisking motion easier. *Alternatively, place the ingredients in the bowl of a KitchenAid stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and mix on medium speed until the desired consistency is reached.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade whipped cream, whipped cream, whipped cream recipe, heavy whipping cream