These lemon ricotta pancakes are light, fluffy and citrus-scented! They’re an easy breakfast that tastes luxurious.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, ricotta, maple syrup and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt. Add it to the bowl with the wet ingredients, then add the lemon juice and lemon zest and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat, then add a bit of butter to coat. Scoop out ¼ cup portions of batter and cook the pancakes until golden brown on one side, adjusting the heat so it doesn’t brown too fast. Flip and cook until cooked through and no longer gooey at the edges (the batter will ooze out a bit at the sides; just keep cooking until it is fully cooked, adjusting the heat as necessary so it doesn’t brown too fast). Place the pancakes in a stack under an overturned bowl, and cook the second batch of pancakes.
- Serve immediately, topped with pure maple syrup.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Lemon ricotta pancakes