Here’s how to make an easy sauce for scallops! This lemon herb butter is a quick pan sauce that makes seafood taste divine. This sauce makes enough for 1 pound of scallops.
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (tarragon, thyme, parsley, etc)
- Sear the scallops, following the instructions for Pan Seared Scallops.
- Remove the scallops from the skillet to a plate and reduce the heat to medium. Add the butter, lemon juice, minced garlic and chopped herbs. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a spatula to release flavor from any browned bits stuck to the pan. Cook 1 minute until fragrant.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the scallops and cover them with sauce. Then remove from the heat and serve immediately.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: French inspired
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Sauce for scallops