These lemon blueberry pancakes are light and fluffy, with just the right citrus zing and sweet bursts of berries! Serve with blueberry compote.
- 1 cup all purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (vegetable or grapeseed)
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- For serving: Blueberry Compote or maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, then whisk in the milk, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, and neutral oil.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. If the batter is too thick, stir in another splash of milk (the consistency of each yogurt brand varies).
- Lightly butter a skillet and wipe off extra grease with a paper towel. Heat the skillet to medium low heat. Pour the batter into small circles, then place blueberries into the top of each pancake. Cook the pancakes until the bubbles pop on the top and the bottoms are golden. Then flip them and cook until done. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve immediately with blueberry compote or maple syrup.
*Or, make these high protein Lemon Ricotta Pancakes and top with blueberry compote!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Lemon blueberry pancakes