This best homemade labneh recipe makes a thick, creamy spread, also called yogurt cheese. It’s great on bagels, sandwiches, or as a dip for pita bread!
- 32 ounces plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cheesecloth or handkerchief
- In a bowl, mix the plain whole milk yogurt and 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Pour the yogurt into a cheesecloth or handkerchief and tie it over a wooden spoon. Hang the cheese cloth over a pitcher and allow to strain in a refrigerator for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, several cups of whey should strain from the yogurt. That’s it! Transfer the labneh to a container or use immediately. Keeps in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Category: Side
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Keywords: labneh recipe, homemade labneh, yogurt cheese, labneh cheese, how to make labneh, strained yogurt