Heat up your cocktail repertoire with this spicy jalapeno margarita recipe! Crisp and tart, it’s got just the right kick. Perfect for sipping or with tacos.
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) tequila blanco or reposado*
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) Cointreau
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (3/4 ounce) fresh lime juice
- 3 to 4 jalapeño pepper slices
- Kosher salt or flaky sea salt, for the rim
- For the garnish: Lime wedge, more jalapeño slices
- Slice the jalapeño pepper into 3 to 4 thin slices. If you prefer a more subtle heat, remove the seeds.* (Wash your hands well afterward.)
- Cut a notch in a lime wedge, then run the lime around the rim of a glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of flaky sea salt (or for a festive look, use our Margarita Salt).
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with 4 ice cubes and shake until cold. (At this point you can take a taste and adjust the spice level if you’d like.)
- Strain the margarita into the glass with the salted rim. Fill the glass with ice and serve.
*We used 3 slices with the seeds in for a medium spicy drink. Remember that jalapeno peppers can vary in heat! Feel free to customize the number of slices and seeds based on your own preference.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: Jalapeno Margarita