Israeli couscous (aka pearl couscous) is a fast and easy side dish! This tiny pasta is irresistible tossed with lemon and olive oil.
- 1 cup Israeli couscous or pearl couscous
- 1 1/2 cups water (or broth)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add the Israeli couscous, garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon of the kosher salt and reduce to a simmer. Cover with lid and cook 8 to 10 minutes, until the couscous is tender and the water is absorbed.
- Remove the couscous to a bowl, mix it with the olive oil, and allow to stand for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork to break up the pieces. Mix in the chopped parsley, lemon zest, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt. Serve immediately. Leftovers store up to 1 week; refresh the flavors with an additional pinch of salt and/or drizzle of olive oil.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Israeli couscous, pearl couscous