These Instant Pot hard boiled eggs are quick to make and perfect every time! Using a pressure cooker makes for easy to peel hard boiled eggs.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- Place the stainless steel trivet into the Instant Pot, then place the eggs on top. Add 1 cup water.
- Lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Place the pressure release handle (vent) in the “Sealing” position.
- Cook on high pressure 9 minutes: Press the Pressure Cook button, making sure the “High Pressure” setting is selected, and set the time for 9 minutes. It takes about 7 minutes for the pot to “preheat” and come up to pressure before it starts cooking. Wait while the Instant Pot cooks. (Note: During cooking, avoid touching the metal part of the lid.)
- Quick release: Vent the remaining steam from the Instant Pot by moving the pressure release handle to “Venting”, covering your hand with a towel or hot pad. Never put your hands or face near the vent when releasing steam. Open the pressure cooker lid. (The shell of an egg may crack during the process, but this doesn’t affect the cooking of the egg.)
- Prepare a large bowl with cold water and a few ice cubes. Carefully remove the hot eggs with tongs. Place them into an ice bath: a large bowl with cold water and several ice cubes. Leave the eggs for a few minutes until they are cool.
- To peel the eggs, lightly tap one end so that the shell crushes, then start to peel off the shell. You should find that using a pressure cooker makes for noticeably easy peel hard boiled eggs.
- Category: Essentials
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Hard Boiled Eggs, Pressure Cooker, Instant Pot, Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs, Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe, Easy Peel Hard Boiled Eggs, Vegetarian