Zesty lemon Instant Pot green beans are the perfect easy side dish! They take just 10 minutes and are almost totally hands off.
- 1 pound fresh green beans*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Trim the green beans. Add them to the Instant Pot with 1/2 cup water. Lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Place the pressure release handle (vent) in the “Sealing” position.
- Cook on high pressure for 1 minute: Press the Pressure Cook button, making sure the “High Pressure” setting is selected, and set the time of 0 minutes. Note that it takes about 5 minutes for the pot to “preheat” and come up to pressure. (Avoid touching the metal part of the lid.)
- Quick release: Once the timer beeps, vent the remaining steam from the Instant Pot by moving the pressure release handle to “Venting”, covering your hand with a towel or hot pad. Never put your hands or face near the vent when releasing steam. Open the pressure cooker lid.
- Carefully remove the beans to a bowl and drain of all water. Toss with the remaining ingredients, using plenty of black pepper. Garnish with the lemon zest.
*You can easily scale this recipe by 2 or 3 to feed a crowd: it still fits in the Instant Pot and the cook time is the same.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Vegetables
Keywords: Instant Pot Green Beans