This Instant Pot broccoli is so fast, it’s got a zero minute cook time! It comes out perfectly steamed in the pressure cooker.
- 1 1/2 pounds (2 large heads) broccoli
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup red onions, thinly sliced (or substitute green onion)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (optional)
- Chop the broccoli into florets. Add it to the Instant Pot with the water. Lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Place the pressure release handle (vent) in the “Sealing” position.
- Cook on high pressure for 0 minutes: Press the Pressure Cook button, making sure the “High Pressure” setting is selected, and set the time of 0 minutes. Note that it takes about 5 minutes for the pot to “preheat” and come up to pressure. (Avoid touching the metal part of the lid.)
- Meanwhile, very thinly slice the onion. Place it in a bowl of water while you’re making the rest of the recipe, then drain. (This helps to reduce onion breath and remove some of the spicy bite. If you use green onion, skip this step!)
- Quick release: Once the timer beeps, vent the remaining steam from the Instant Pot by moving the pressure release handle to “Venting”, covering your hand with a towel or hot pad. Never put your hands or face near the vent when releasing steam. Open the pressure cooker lid.
- Carefully remove the broccoli to a bowl. Toss with the olive oil, kosher salt, feta cheese (optional), and drained red onions.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Vegetable
Keywords: Instant Pot Broccoli, Pressure Cooker Broccoli