This infused alcoholic whipped cream has a hint of bourbon that adds nuance and warmth as a dessert topping. Other booze can stand in (rum, kahlua, etc)!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons alcohol, such as bourbon, rum, kahlua or Irish cream
- Place a bowl in the freezer to chill for a few minutes (if using a stand mixer, skip to the next step).
- Combine the cream, powdered sugar and alcohol in the chilled bowl.
- With a large whisk, whip the cream by moving the whisk back and forth quickly (try to whisk in a line instead of a circular motion) and whip to your desired thickness is reached. OR place the ingredients in the bowl of a KitchenAid stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and mix on medium speed until the desired consistency is reached. You can use a looser cream for more of a “drizzle”, or a stiffer whipped cream for the traditional Cool Whip style texture. Tip: If you’re whipping by hand, try placing the bowl in the sink to whip the cream so that it is a bit lower than a table, which helps to make the whisking motion easier.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stand Mixer
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: Alcoholic Whipped Cream, Alcohol Infused Whipped Cream, Bourbon Whipped Cream