Wondering how to mince garlic? Here’s a step by step guide and video that shows you how to cut garlic, including sliced and minced garlic.
- 1 garlic clove
- Using a large chef’s knife, cut off the root end of the garlic.
- To peel the garlic, gently tap the garlic clove with a jar or glass until the peel splits.
- Remove the peel with your fingers.
- With a firm grip on the base of the chef’s knife, use the tip of the knife to cut thin vertical slices into the garlic clove, leaving it attached at the root end.
- Carefully turn the knife and make a horizontal slice through the center of the garlic clove, leaving it attached at the root end.
- Make thin slices crosswise to mince the garlic into small pieces. Continue chopping back and forth through the garlic until you have the size of minced garlic that you need.
- Category: Knife Skills
- Method: Cutting
- Cuisine: N/A
Keywords: How to mince garlic, How to cut garlic, How do you mince garlic, What is minced garlic