This vegan nacho cheese sauce is easy and tastes unbelievably like the real thing! Essentially a plant based queso, it’s creamy and packed with favor.
- 1 cup raw unsalted whole cashews
- 1 7 ounce can mild green chiles
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (make sure it’s not spicy!)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (for color, optional)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Soak or boil the cashews: Place the cashews in a bowl with water and allow them to soak for at least 1 hour (or longer, overnight if you think ahead.) OR Time saver trick! Place the cashews in a pot on the stovetop and cover with 2 inches hot water. Bring to a boil, then boil 10 minutes (for high speed blender) or 15 minutes (for standard blender).
- Drain the cashews.
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend on high until creamy and fully combined. Place in a sealed container and store in the refrigerator.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Nacho Cheese, Vegan Nacho Cheese, Queso, Vegan Queso, Mexican, Cashew Cheese, Vegan Cashew Cheese, Nacho Cheese Sauce