This cold brew coffee recipe is easy to make in just a few minutes of hands on time: then just wait overnight! Here’s how to make cold brew coffee.
- 1 1/2 cups dark roast coffee, medium coarse ground
- 6 cups room temperature filtered water
- Equipment: Large covered jar, strainer, clean towel or cheesecloth
- Grind the coffee: Grind the coffee to a medium coarse grind.
- Mix coffee ground and water: Place the water in a large jar. Add the coffee grounds to the water. Twist on the top of the jar, and mix by shaking the jar a few times.
- Refrigerate 24 hours: Refrigerate the cold brew coffee for 24 hours.
- Strain the coffee: Place a strainer over a clean jar, and line it with a clean towel or cheesecloth. Strain the coffee into the clean jar. Discard all coffee grounds. Place the cold brew concentrate back into the pitcher and refrigerate. Store refrigerated up to 1 week.
- Serve: To serve, dilute 1/2 cup cold brew concentrate with 1/2 cup water. If serving with ice, use the ice with 1/2 cup cold brew concentrate with 1/4 cup water.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Cold Brew
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: How to make cold brew coffee