Want to brew craft coffee at home? Here’s our Aeropress recipe: it’s a quick and easy way to make a killer cup of coffee.
- 18 grams or about 3 tablespoons coffee beans
- Water (preferably filtered)
- Coffee grinder
- In an electric teapot, heat water to 195°F.
- Grind 3 tablespoons coffee beans to a medium fine grind.
- Place the circular filter into the basket of the Aeropress and wet it so it is fully damp. Screw the basket onto the end of the Aeropress.
- Pour the coffee grounds into the Aeropress, then place it on top of an empty mug.
- When the water is ready, pour a little bit onto the coffee grounds until grounds are wet. Wait about 30 seconds for coffee to bloom.
- Pour water into the Aeropress, up to line 3 1/2. Using the provided stir stick, stir about 20 times. Don’t worry if coffee level drops slightly.
- Insert the plunger into the top of the Aeropress. Gently press down (avoid the urge to force). Wait until the plunger is pressed fully to the bottom; you will hear a hiss of air being released (this process takes about 30 seconds or so).
- Remove the Aeropress, unscrew the basket and hold it over a compost bucket or garbage. Press down on the plunger to release the filter and grounds. Rinse the Aeropress so it is ready for future use.
- Enjoy your perfect up of coffee!
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Aeropress
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Aeropress recipe, How to use an Aeropress