Here’s how to freeze green beans! Use this quick trick to preserve the life of fresh green beans outside the season.
- Green beans
- Trim and chop the green beans to the desired length.
- Prepare a large pot of boiling water. Add the beans and boil for 2 minutes (blanching).
- Rinse the beans under cold water until they are cool to the touch.
- Pat the beans dry. Place them in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Freeze in a single layer for 1 hour.
- Place in a sealable freezer-safe bag and freeze for 6 to 8 months.
- Category: Frozen
- Method: Frozen
- Cuisine: N/A
Keywords: How to freeze green beans, how to freeze fresh green beans