Here’s how to freeze fresh corn on the cob! This quick trick is the perfect way to extend its life outside of corn season.
- Corn on the cob, shucked and cleaned
- Prepare a large pot of boiling water. Add the corn cobs and boil for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the corn to a large bowl of ice water to cool for about 1 minute. Remove the cobs and dry them.
- For frozen corn on the cob, place the cobs in a sealable freezer-safe bag. For frozen corn kernels, cut the kernels off of the cobs. Place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour, then transfer to a sealable freezer-safe bag. Store for 6 to 8 months.
- To reheat frozen corn on the cob, place it in a large pot of boiling water. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes until bright yellow and tender.
- Category: Frozen
- Method: Frozen
- Cuisine: N/A
Keywords: How to freeze corn on the cob, how to freeze corn, how to freeze fresh corn on the cob, how to freeze fresh corn