Wondering how to cut leeks? Here’s a step by step guide and video that shows you exactly how to clean leeks and cut them into half moons.
- 1 leek
- Using a large chef’s knife, slice off the root end of the leek.
- Slice off the tough green top.
- Slice the leek in half lengthwise.
- Place both halves cut side down, then use a circular motion to cut the leek into thin half moons.
- Leeks generally have quite a bit of sand and dirt between the layers. To clean the leeks, place them into a bowl of water. The dirt will settle to the bottom. Use your hands to shake loose any visible dirt.
- Scoop the leeks out of the bowl with your hands, allowing any dirt and sediment to stay on the bottom of the bowl.
- Category: Knife Skills
- Method: Cutting
- Cuisine: N/A
Keywords: How to cut leeks, How to clean leeks, How to use leek greens