Wondering how to cut cabbage? Here’s a step by step guide and video that shows you how to make shredded cabbage and cut up cabbage for coleslaw.
- 1 cabbage
- Remove any outer layers of the cabbage that seem tough or are not fresh, and discard them.
- With a large chef’s knife, slice off the root of the cabbage.
- Cut the cabbage in half through the stem.
- Cut the cabbage into quarters.
- Remove the root of the cabbage by cutting it out diagonally.
- Thinly slice the cabbage in the short direction, using a circular motion with the knife. (Since typically shredded cabbage for coleslaw doesn’t need to be in long pieces, slicing it in the short direction makes it easier to eat!)
- Category: Knife Skills
- Method: Cutting
- Cuisine: N/A
Keywords: How to cut cabbage, How to cut up cabbage, How to cut up cabbage for coleslaw, How to shred cabbage, Shredded cabbage