Wondering how to cut butternut squash? Here’s a step by step guide and video that shows you how to peel and cut up butternut squash.
- 1 butternut squash
- Using a large chef’s knife, cut off the top of the butternut squash.
- Cut off the neck of the butternut squash, right where the neck meets the base.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel off the skin of the neck and the base.
- Slice the base in half, and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds.
- Cut a flat edge on the side of the neck, to use as a base.
- Cut the neck into roughly 1/4″ slices.
- Cut the slices into strips, then turn the strips and chop them crosswise to create cubes.
- Slice off the end of the base and slice it into roughly 1/4″ slices. Then chop the slices crosswise to create cubes.
- Category: Knife Skills
- Method: Cutting
- Cuisine: N/A
Keywords: How to cut butternut squash, Cutting butternut squash, How to cut up butternut squash, How to peel butternut squash