Wondering how to cut an avocado? Here’s a step by step guide and video that shows you how to cut avocado slices and the best method for avocado pit removal.
- 1 ripe avocado
- Using a large chef’s knife, cut lengthwise around the avocado.
- Twist the two halves to separate them.
- Place a towel in your hand and put the avocado on top. With a gentle but quick motion, tap the knife into the avocado pit. Twist it to remove the pit.
- Do not attempt to remove the avocado pit with your hand! Instead, pull the cutting board close to your body, then place the pit against the far edge of the cutting board and pull back to release it from the knife. (Watch the video for this part!)
- Use a large spoon to scoop out the avocado from the peel.
- Place the avocado with the cut side down, then cut it into slices. To dice the avocado, turn the slices and cut crosswise to make diced avocado.
- Category: Knife Skills
- Method: Cutting
- Cuisine: N/A
Keywords: How to cut an avocado, How to store cut avocado, How to cut avocado slices, Avocado pit removal