Here’s how to cut a watermelon: both triangles and cubes! This safe method is the easiest way to slice up this summer fruit.
- 1 large watermelon (10 pounds)
- Use a large Chef’s knife to slice the watermelon in half through the middle (not lengthwise).
- Flip the half over onto the flat base, then cut it into slices. To cut a watermelon into triangles, simply cut the large slices into wedges. To cut it into cubes, go to the next step.
- Switch to using a small paring knife (using a smaller knife gives you more control). Slice off the rind of each slice.
- Switch back to the Chef’s knife. Make a grid pattern to cut the watermelon into cubes.
- Category: Knife Skills
- Method: Cutting
- Cuisine: N/A
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: How to cut a watermelon, how to cut a watermelon into cubes, how to cut a watermelon into triangles