Wondering how to cut a pineapple? Here’s a step by step guide and video that shows you the best way to cut up a pineapple.
- 1 pineapple
- Use a large chef’s knife to cut off the top of the pineapple.
- Turn the pineapple upside down and place it on a plate; allow it to rest 30 minutes. Since pineapples are stored stem side up, gravity makes the juices run to the bottom. Resting the pineapple upside down for 30 minutes helps the juices to run back down and distribute for evenly juicy pieces.
- After 30 minutes, cut off the other end of the pineapple.
- Remove the skin of the pineapple by slicing it off, following the shape of the pineapple.
- Slice the pineapple in half lengthwise.
- Lay down each pineapple half on the flat cut side, and cut it in half lengthwise again.
- Remove the core by cutting it out at an angle.
- Slice each quarter in half lengthwise, then turn it and slice in the other direction to create pineapple chunks.
- Category: Knife Skills
- Method: Cutting
- Cuisine: N/A
Keywords: How to cut a pineapple, Best way to cut a pineapple, How to cut up a pineapple