This sauteed shrimp recipe comes out juicy and seasoned to perfection in less than 10 minutes! Here are the secrets to how to saute shrimp.
- 1 1/2 pounds medium frozen shrimp, deveined (tail on or peeled)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika (or substitute standard paprika)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 3 lemon wedges
- Fresh cilantro or parsley, for garnish
- Remove the shrimp from the package and place them in a large bowl of very cold water for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to break up clumps that freeze together. (After 15 minutes, rinse off any remaining ice.)
- Pat the shrimp completely dry. In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp with the salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter on medium high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side until just opaque and cooked through, turning them with tongs.
- Spritz with juice of the lemon wedges and serve immediately.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Sauteed
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Frozen shrimp, how to cook frozen shrimp, frozen shrimp recipes