Here’s how to cook broccoli rabe (rapini)…the fast way! This notoriously bitter vegetable can be mellowed with a few quick tricks.
- 2 bunches broccoli rabe (1 to 1 1/2 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Brush the baking sheet with olive oil. Preheat a broiler.
- Wash the broccoli rabe in cold water then pat it dry with a clean dish towel. Cut the floret off the stems, keeping the leaves and florets intact. (You can discard the stems.)
- Place the broccoli rabe in a bowl with the olive oil, garlic powder, and kosher salt and mix until well combined. Place it on the baking sheet.
- Broil 2 minutes, then remove the sheet and stir. Broil 2 minutes more until fully wilted.
- Stir in the lemon juice & zest. Taste and add salt or fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Broiled
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: How to Cook Broccoli Rabe, Rapini