Want to boil asparagus? Here’s how long it takes until it’s perfectly cooked! All you need is a skillet with just 1 inch water.
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1/2 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut off the tough bottom ends of the asparagus.
- Add 1 inch of water to a skillet and bring it to a boil.
- Add the asparagus and cook until just tender and bright green, about 3 to 5 minutes depending on thickness: 3 minutes for very thin and 5 minutes for very thick.
- Remove from the heat and drain. Toss with the butter or olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Boiled
- Cuisine: Vegetables
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Boil asparagus, how long to boil asparagus, how to boil asparagus