The hot toddy with rum is the best warming drink! Use white, aged, or dark rum for this easy recipe that’s been around for centuries.
- 1 ½ ounces (3 tablespoons) rum of any type
- ½ ounce (1 tablespoon) pure maple syrup or honey
- ½ cup steaming hot water
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In the serving glass, stir together the rum and maple syrup (or honey).
- Pour in the hot water. Garnish with a lemon wedge, squeezing in the juice, and the cinnamon stick.
- Variation for 8 servings: Warm 4 cups water, 1 ½ cups rum, and 4 tablespoons maple syrup on the stovetop until hot but not boiling. Garnish with lemon and serve.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Hot toddy rum, hot toddy rum recipe