This homemade granola recipe comes out irresistibly crispy! Here are the tricks to how to make granola at home. *For a quicker recipe that comes out clumpy, go to Peanut Butter Granola.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup neutral oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (or any nuts)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins (or any dried fruit)
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.*
- In a large bowl, stir together the water, neutral oil, maple syrup, peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and kosher salt. Stir in the oats, almonds, and coconut.
- Spread on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 1 1/2 hours, until lightly browned, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Cool completely for about 45 minutes: the granola crisps up more as it cools. Stir in the raisins. Store in a jar for up to 1 month (make sure it’s fully cooled before storing).
*For a quicker recipe that comes out clumpy, go to Peanut Butter Granola.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Essentials
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Granola, homemade granola, granola recipe