It’s easy to make homemade croutons! This croutons recipe makes crunchy, well-seasoned bites that are tastier than store-bought.
- 4 cups bread, cut into cubes (about 4 medium slices)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Cut the bread into small cubes or tear it into bite-sized pieces. Place the cubes in a medium bowl.
- Toss with the olive oil, kosher salt, garlic powder, and a few grinds of black pepper. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and top with the bread cubes.
- Bake until evenly golden brown and crisp, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes, which lets them crisp up fully. (Croutons can be made in advance. Allow to cool completely to room temperature, then store in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.)
- Category: Essentials
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Croutons, homemade croutons, croutons recipe