Calling all popcorn addicts! This herb popcorn is spiced up with butter and a mix of dried herbs, and works as a healthy snack or for entertaining.
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons butter (or coconut oil, for vegan)
- 1 teaspoon dried all herb mixture (for example, a mix of basil, rosemary, savory, tarragon, and thyme)
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast*
- Fine popcorn salt (Tip: To make popcorn salt, crush kosher salt using a mortar and pestle)
- Pop the popcorn in an air popper or our Stovetop Popcorn method.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter. Add the dried herbs and nutritional yeast; stir to combine. Pour the mixture over the popcorn, and sprinkle with popcorn salt to taste.
*Nutritional yeast is a deactivated yeast in the form of a yellow powder; it’s popular for adding flavor to vegetarian or vegan dishes. Using nutritional yeast with popcorn adds a cheesy flavor. We purchase our nutritional yeast here.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Herb Popcorn, How to Make Popcorn, Nutritional Yeast, Nooch Popcorn