These healthy rice bowls are a delicious vegetarian dinner recipe, filled with kale, red pepper, and portabello mushrooms, and topped with a fried egg.
- Cook the rice according to How to Cook Rice or use our Instant Pot method.
- While the rice cooks, prep the ingredients: Slice the red peppers and portabello mushrooms. Chop the kale into bite-sized pieces. Mince the garlic. Mince the ginger.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for about 30 seconds until the garlic just starts to turn brown. Add the red peppers and mushrooms and sauté for about 4 minutes. Season with a pinch of kosher salt and pepper. Add the kale and sauté until tender, another 4 minutes. Season with another pinch of kosher salt, the red pepper flakes, and soy sauce.
- While the vegetables are cooking, in another skillet cook the eggs over-easy.
- To serve, place rice in a bowl, then top with vegetables and egg. Serve with a squeeze of lime juice.
*For vegan, use our Best Lemon Tahini Sauce and omit the egg.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Rice bowls, Healthy rice bowls, Rice bowl recipe, Brown Rice Recipes, Recipes with Brown Rice, Kale Recipes, Bowl Meal Recipes