The glittery streusel topping takes these healthy pumpkin muffins over the top! The pumpkin spiced inside plus sweet crunch is downright heavenly.
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup rolled oats, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (for vegan, use melted coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar*
- 1/4 cup salted butter, cold and cut into small pieces (for vegan, use room temperature coconut oil)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Add 12 muffin cups to a muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, mix the 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup rolled oats, and 1 tablespoon of the pumpkin pie spice with the baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt.
- In another bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, applesauce, unsalted butter (melted), and vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until a smooth batter forms.
- In another medium bowl, add the remaining 1/4 cup rolled oats, 2 tablespoons flour, and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice along with the turbinado sugar and salted butter (cut into small pieces). Cut the butter into the remaining ingredients using a pastry cutter or fork until a streusel topping forms.
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin cups, then top with a thin layer of streusel.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove the muffins and place them on a cooling rack.
*Turbinado sugar has large granules that make a delightful crunch! If you can’t find it, you can substitute brown sugar.
- Category: Muffin
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pumpkin Muffins, Healthy Pumpkin Muffins, Easy Pumpkin Muffins, Best Pumpkin Muffins