This low carb burrito bowl with cauliflower rice is a delicious way to eat more vegetables! It’s Whole 30 vegetarian and customizable for all diets.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (1 large or 3 small)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 organic red pepper
- 1 organic yellow pepper
- 1 red onion
- 24 ounces Seasons Choice Plain or Garlic Riced Cauliflower (2 bags)
- 8 Simply Nature Grade A Organic Cage Free Brown Eggs
- 4 handfuls Simply Nature Organic Mixed Greens
- Little Salad Bar Salsa, for the garnish
- 1 avocado, for the garnish
- 1 lime, for the garnish
- Garlic powder
- Dried oregano
- Chili powder
- Kosher salt
- Bake the sweet potatoes: Preheat to 375F. Wash sweet potatoes and remove any bad spots (but leave the skin on). Grate the sweet potatoes with large side of a box grater onto parchment lined baking sheet. Spread out, sprinkle top with 2 tablespoons olive oil,1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, and 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until browned on the edges but still soft.
- Sauté the peppers and onions: Thinly slice the peppers. Thinly slice the onion. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over high heat. Add the peppers and onions with 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Sauté for about 5 minutes until just tender and slightly blackened, stirring occasionally.
- Heat the cauliflower rice: Remove the peppers and onions from the skillet into a bowl. In the same skillet (no need to wipe it out), reduce the heat to medium and add another 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pan. Cook cauliflower rice with 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt until warmed through. Remove the cauliflower rice into a bowl and wipe out the skillet to remove the cauliflower bits.
- Make the chorizo eggs: In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs with 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon cumin, and 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt. (This may seem like a lot of seasoning but it’s intentional: it makes the meatiest, most delicious eggs!) In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the eggs and cook over medium low heat, scraping as eggs harden, about 4 minutes.
- Assemble the burrito bowl: Chop the avocado. Serve with mixed greens, avocado, and salsa. Squeeze with lime and serve.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican Inspired
Keywords: Burrito bowl, healthy burrito bowl, low carb burrito bowl, Whole 30 vegetarian, Vegetarian whole 30 recipes, how to cook cauliflower rice