This healthy breakfast sandwich is an easy way to start the day with veggies and protein! The spinach feta filling is hearty and satisfying.
- 1 whole grain English muffin (or bagel thins: we like gluten-free O’Doughs)
- 1 egg (or 2 eggs, for a more filling sandwich)
- 3 pinches kosher salt, divided
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach (or chopped spinach)
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- 1 slice tomato
- 1/4 ripe avocado, mashed
- Toast the English muffin.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg and add 1 pinch salt and fresh ground pepper. Add a drizzle olive oil to a very small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the spinach and 1 pinch each salt and garlic powder, and cook until it is wilted, about 2 minutes. Spread the spinach to cover the bottom of the pan. Pour in egg, adjusting it with a spatula so it covers the entire bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with the feta cheese and cook, without flipping, for about 2 minutes until mostly set. Once mostly set, fold the egg in half, then in half again to make a wedge.
- Mash the avocado with another pinch salt, and spread it on the top half of the English muffin. Add the last pinch of salt to the tomato slice. Place the eggs on the bottom of the English muffin, then add the eggs, tomato, and top half of the English muffin. Enjoy immediately.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Healthy breakfast sandwich