This chickpea salad is a delicious bowl meal starring chickpeas, cucumber, avocado, salty feta, and crunchy pepitas. Perfect for lunch or as a side dish!
- 1 large cucumber
- 6 radishes
- 4 large carrots
- 8 Brussels sprouts (optional)
- 15-ounce can or 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- ¾ cup feta crumbles
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup roasted salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Peel alternating strips of the cucumber’s skin, then cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, remove the seeds with a spoon, and dice it. Place the cucumber in a strainer and sprinkle with kosher salt (this helps to drain the cucumbers of extra water while you cut the other vegetables.)
- Thinly slice the radishes (cut them in half or quarters if large). Peel the carrots, then dice them. If using Brussels sprouts, thinly slice them. Mix all the vegetables together with the chickpeas and the feta crumbles.
- In a medium jar, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey or maple, and salt. Gradually whisk in the olive oil tablespoon by tablespoon until fully incorporated. If making ahead, stop here and refrigerate the vegetables and dressing until serving.
- When ready to serve, pour 6 tablespoons dressing onto the vegetables and mix gently to combine. If possible, let sit for a few minutes to marinade and allow all ingredients to come to room temperature.
- Dice the avocado, then garnish each serving with avocado, pepitas, and extra dressing (if desired). Serve immediately. With any leftovers, keep the vegetables separate from the avocado and pepitas (and dressing if possible); add these toppings directly prior to serving.
Adapted from the EZ Cheesy food truck
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chickpea salad, Chickpea salad vegan, Chickpea cucumber salad, Avocado salad, Lunch Ideas, Vegetarian Recipes, Vegan Recipes, Dinner Ideas