These healthy blueberry muffins are easy and wholesome, full of oats, berries, and bananas. They’re irresistibly tasty, too!
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana or 3 large very ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups rolled oats, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup neutral oil (sunflower, vegetable or grapeseed)**
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 heaping cup blueberries
- Turbinado sugar, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Mash the bananas. Place the bananas, eggs, oats, oil, maple syrup, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and kosher salt in a blender. Blend everything on high for a minute or two until a smooth batter forms.
- Add the blueberries to the blender; gently stir until combined.
- Place 12 muffin cups into a muffin tin and pour the batter divided evenly between the cups. To see more blueberries on the tops of the muffins, we pressed a few extras into the tops of the muffins. Sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar (or extra oats and gently press them down).
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the muffin tin and allow them to cool a few minutes before serving. Store refrigerated for about 1 week, or frozen for up to three months.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Healthy blueberry muffins, blueberry muffin recipe, best blueberry muffins