This Halloween Margarita is the best drink for the season! Whip up single cocktails or a pitcher for a spooky evening.
For the Halloween margarita
- 2 ounces tequila reposado (or tequila blanco)
- 1 ounce apple cider syrup (see below)
- ½ ounce lime juice
- Kosher salt or black colored sugar*, for the rim
- Blood orange slice, for garnish (optional)
- Clear ice, for serving
- Halloween cocktail picks (optional but recommended)
For the apple cider syrup (makes 3/4 cup)
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- Make the apple cider syrup: Place the apple cider, granulated sugar and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan. Bring to a low boil, then maintain a low boil for 30 to 35 minutes until reduced to 3/4 cup. Use immediately or refrigerate until using (stores up to 2 weeks refrigerated).
- Prepare the glass: Cut a notch in a lime wedge, then run the lime around the rim of a glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of salt or black colored sugar.
- Make a single drink: Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with 4 ice cubes and shake until cold.
- Serve: Strain the margarita into the glass with the salted rim. Fill the glass with clear ice. If desired, garnish with a blood orange slice and Halloween cocktail picks.
- For a margarita pitcher (8 servings): Place 2 cups tequila, 1 cup apple cider syrup (make 1.5 or 2 times the recipe above!) and 1/2 cup lime juice in a pitcher. Add 3 handfuls ice and stir until cold. Pour into the prepared glasses.
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Halloween margarita