Grilling marinated salmon is easy! The marinade is simple to whisk up and it infuses the tender fish with savory flavor.
- 4 4-ounce salmon fillets*, skin on (wild caught if possible)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (375 to 450 degrees).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, olive oil, water, rice vinegar, sugar, Dijon mustard, and grated garlic.
- Place the salmon in a large dish or container skin side up, and pour in the marinade. Marinade for at least 30 minutes at room temperature (or up to 3 hours refrigerated; if so, allow to sit at room temperature 30 minutes before cooking).
- After marinating, place the salmon on a baking sheet. Brush it liberally with the marinade, then discard the remaining marinade. Sprinkle with the kosher salt (split between the fillets) and fresh ground pepper.
- Grill the salmon over indirect heat skin side up for 3 to 5 minutes, until grill marks appear and it releases from the grates. Flip and cook another 2 to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon, until flaky and just pink at the thickest portion and the internal temperature is 125 to 130 degrees. (Salmon varies in thickness, so the cook time is different based on each piece of fish.) Allow to rest for a few minutes, then serve.
*You can cook up to 1 1/2 pounds salmon using these marinade quantities. Sprinkle with slightly more salt before grilling.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Grilled
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Grilling marinated salmon, marinated grilled salmon