Grilling corn in husks is a unique method that’s absolutely worth trying! It’s easy and results in deliciously moist, sweet flavor.
- 8 ears corn
- Butter and salt, for serving
- Remove the silk: Remove any loose husks from the corn cobs. Shuck the corn by peeling down the outside layers one at a time and keeping them attached, facing downwards away from the cob. Remove the silk, then pull the husks back up over the corn (it can be a bit messy, so it doesn’t have to be perfect!).
- Soak 20 minutes: Soak the corn cobs in cool water for at least 20 minutes to prevent scorching.
- Preheat: Heat a grill to medium high heat (375 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Grill the corn: Place the corn directly on the grill grates and cook until the husk begins to blacken, then turn. Cook 20 to 22 minutes total, until the corn is cooked through (the outside husk will be charred). To check whether it’s done, pull back the husk on one corn to make sure it is bright yellow and cooked through all the way to the bottom of the cob. (You can err on the side of over-cooking it, since you may find the cooking is fairly uneven in the husk.) Serve immediately with butter and salt.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Grilling corn in husk, grilled corn on the cob in husk, how to grill corn in the husk