Here’s the very best grilled tuna steak recipe: ahi tuna that’s perfectly seared on the outside and tender on the inside! A true showstopper.
- 2 6 ounce ahi tuna steaks (best quality, wild caught if possible)*
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat a grill to as hot as it gets (500 to 700 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Pat the tuna dry. Sprinkle it liberally with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper on both sides.
- Add the steak to the grill and cook 30 to 60 seconds per side, until lightly browned on the outside but still raw on the inside (115 degrees Fahrenheit if you measure with a food thermometer). If you’d like to sear the short sides, turn the tuna with tongs and sear each side for a few seconds.
- To serve, slice the tuna against the grain into 1/2 inch slices. Serve immediately.
*Frozen is okay: make sure to thaw it in the refrigerator before serving.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Grilled tuna steak, Grilled tuna, Grilled ahi tuna, How to grill tuna, Grill tuna recipe, Grilled ahi tuna recipe