These mind-blowing grilled tomatoes are easy and packed with smoky, juicy flavor. Serve them with herbs for a sensational summer treat.
- 4 large, firm ripe tomatoes (not too soft or they can fall apart while grilling)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- For serving: Chopped fresh thyme and oregano, olive oil, feta crumbles (optional)
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (375 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Remove the stems from the tomatoes. Cut each tomato in half (latitudinally: see the photos). Gently rub them with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with kosher salt and pepper.
- Grill cut side down for 4 to 5 minutes until tender and lightly charred. Carefully flip with a spatula, then cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes until tender.
- Sprinkle with a little more salt and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with fresh herbs and if desired, a few feta cheese crumbles (though the flavor is incredible without).
- Category: Side Dish or Appetizer
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Grilled tomatoes, How to grill tomatoes