These grilled teriyaki mango skewers feature fresh mangos and a homemade teriyaki sauce to make a sweet and savory summer grilling recipe.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat. If using wooden skewers, soak the skewers for at least 30 minutes while preparing the recipe.
- Make the homemade teriyaki sauce.
- For the skewers: Cut the mango into large cubes (larger than a dice) so that threads onto the skewers. Chop the red pepper, orange pepper, zucchini, and red onion into large pieces (you can cut the onion in wedges and use a few layers when threading). Thread the veggies and mangos onto skewers. Tip: We threaded our mangos 2 chunks at a time so there is proportionally more mango than veggies per skewer.
- Place the skewers on a tray and brush them with the glaze on one side. Place the skewers on the grill, glazed side down, then brush the tops with the remaining glaze. Grill 6 to 10 minutes per side until tender and lightly charred.
- If serving over rice or quinoa, make the grain according to the package instructions. When the skewers are finished, place over rice or quinoa and serve with any remaining teriyaki sauce if desired.
*Honey mangos are also known as Champagne or Ataulfo mangos.
- Category: Main Dish, Side Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Mango, Mangos, Mango Skewer, Mango Kebab, Grilled, Summer Grilling, Summer Grill Recipe, Teriyaki, Homemade Teriyaki Sauce, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free, Summer Recipes